HEARTY, CHEESY and DELICIOUS
These zucchini bacon waffles are next level, and they can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They’re made with super clean ingredients like quinoa, eggs and zucchini!
Skip the sweet stuff and try these savory waffles topped with eggs, hummus, greens, or whatever you have in your fridge!
I like to make a big batch of these over the weekend & pack them for lunch with different toppings everyday… one day an egg, the next day some grilled chicken. t’s a great way to meal prep while also mixing things up!
Serves: Makes 4 Waffles
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup parmesan
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pieces of bacon
- Eat with: fried eggs, avocado, upland cress, 'everything but the bagel seasoning' and 'chili lime seasoning' (from Trader Joe's)
- Grate the zucchinis & transfer to a super thin dish towel (or cheese cloth) & squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Transfer to a large bowl & mix with cooked quinoa, eggs, parmesan, salt & olive oil.
- Cook the bacon until crispy & cut them into ¼ inch pieces with a scissor.
- Add a small scoop of the zucchini mixture to a hot waffle maker then add some bacon pieces & add another scoop of zucchini mixture. Close the waffle maker really tightly & cook for about 4-5 minutes. (Pro tip: I spread the left over bacon grease to the waffle maker to oil it )
- Serve warm with a fried egg (sprinkled with 'everything but the bagel seasoning' and 'chili lime seasoning' ), avocado slices and upland cress.