Sometimes when I get home after a long day, I need a no-fuss dinner.
This winter power bowl is super easy to throw together after a long day of work, or prep and bring for lunch.
Tips to make this bowl even easier:
- Buy pre-grilled chicken from the market (or a rotisserie chicken)
- Roast a huge batch of veggies early in the week & just reheat when you’re ready for dinner
Winter Power Bowl Serves: 2
- 4 large carrot - peeled and chopped
- 1 delicata squash - seeds removed and cut into half moons
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded grilled chicken
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- ½ cup sprouts
- 2 tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning
- ½ green onion
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the carrots and squash with olive oil until they are coated, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stick them in the over for 20-30 minutes (or until you can easily pierce the carrots with a fork).
- While the veggies are cooking, heat a pan with some olive oil over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice and cook until the "rice" starts to get a little crispy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the cauliflower rice between 2 bowls, then add chicken, roasted carrot, squash, sprouts and everything bagel seasoning to each bowl. Finish them off by chopping up the green onion into ¼ inch pieces and dividing it between the 2 bowls.