Nothing says comfort like this bowl!
This vegan brown rice risotto is filled with delicious flavors, its so perfect for a cozy night in. A simple dish that everyone will like – vegan or not!
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- one 8oz container of mushrooms
- ½ red onion
- ¾ cup green peas (I used frozen)
- 2 gloves garlish- smashed
- ¼ cup basil leafs
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup shredded vegan cheese
- Add the rice, vegetable broth, 1 tbsp of the olive oil, salt and pepper to a large pot, bring to a boil, then simmer (covered) for about 25 minutes.
- Chop up the mushrooms and onions into your desired shape. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat in a large pan, then add the mushrooms, red onion & peas. Cook for about 10 minutes (moving it around in the pan frequently), then set aside.
- Once the rice has been cooking for about 25 minutes, add in the garlic & basil, then let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- The rice should have absorbed most of the broth. Now add in the vegan cheese and all of the cooked veggies. Mix everything together & enjoy!