Making use of the crazy amount of leftover Thanksgiving mashed potatoes, one bowl at a time
Instead of just recreating your Thanksgiving meal for days and days, make this Thanksgiving leftovers bacon squash bowl! All you need are mashed potatoes, some roasted veggies (I used acorn squash), bacon (this is key) and a few other essential mix ins!
The green sauce used in this recipe is a game changer. I put this on everything (from salads, to sandwiches to rice bowls) and it really ties all of the flavors and textures together. It’s super easy to make, as most of the ingredients are kitchen staples.
- ½ cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup roasted acorn squash
- 2 pieces cooked bacon
- 1 handful of mixed greens
- ¼ cup sautéed red onions (in olive oil, salt and pepper)
- A pinch of sprouts
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- ½ cup olive oil
- splash of lemon juice
- 1garlic clove
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- pinch of salt
- Spread out the leftover mashed potatoes as the base of your dish, then stack the remaining ingredients.
- Blend all of the ingredients for the green sauce, until smooth & drizzle all over your bowl