Autumn is in full swing , there is an abundance of squash and I’m loving it! All I want to do when I get home after a long day is cozy up with something fresh out of the oven.
This recipe is so easy to throw together, plus it’s such a crowd pleaser… everyone loves a lil tex mex!
Serves: serves 2
- 1 delicata squash (but you can use butternut, acorn, etc.)
- olive oil (for roasting)
- ½ tsp salt & pepper
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup black beans - rinsed
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes - chopped
- ¼ cup greens of choice (spinach, arugula, watercress, etc)
- ½ avocado - cubed
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- a few leafs of cilantro
- 2 tbsp avocado yogurt dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare the squash, cut in half lengthwise & scoop out the seeds ( I've found that using an ice cream scooped is the easiest way). Drizzle olive oil inside the squash, spread evenly & sprinkle salt and pepper. Place them on a baking sheet (open side up) and bake for 30-45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked quinoa, black beans, chopped cherry tomatoes, greens and avocado.
- Scoop the mixture quinoa into the middle of the squash. Top with cilantro, sprinkle with hemp seeds and avocado yogurt dressing! Enjoy!