Everything tastes better when it’s in the shape of a waffle, right?
Started the day off with a quick run & now for these sweet potato hash waffles topped with jalapeños cream cheese, cilantro lime sauce & radishes. They really hit the spot. With all of the amazing flavors of sweet potato hash packed into a waffle, you can add your favorite toppings for the perfect bite.
This waffle / green sauce / cream cheese combo is
Serves: 2 waffles
- 1 sweet potato
- ¼ cup riced cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp of each: salt, pepper and cumin
Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 avocado
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 clove garlic
- a big handful of cilantro leafs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup water
- savory cream cheese (i used a jalapeno vegan version from kite hill)
- radish slices
- Peal and grate the sweet potato, transfer to a bowl. Add the riced cauliflower & steam both of the veggies (I just stuck it in the microwave for 2 minutes). Mix with 1 egg, 1 tbsp olive oil, ¼ tsp of salt, pepper and cumin. Stir it all together until the egg mixed in. Transfer a large scoop to a hot waffle iron (feel free to add other mix ins like black beans, corn, ect. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the potato starts to get crispy.
- For the cilantro lime sauce, simply whiz everything together in a blender until smooth.
- Top the waffles with cream cheese, cilantro lime sauce, radishes and spinach!