Bacon. Cheese. Sweet potato. All of my favorite things!
These sweet potato goat cheese bacon bites are so tasty you might just eat them all while you’re making them. I made these when my parent came to town to keep them from getting hangry before our late dinner reservation. They were the perfect bite with some creamy, crunchy and gooeyness.
Serves: 15-20 bites
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 slices of bacon
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- ¼ cup sprouts
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp black / white sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the sweet potato horizontally (making rounds) and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a pan until crispy. Set aside the bacon on a paper towel & save the grease in the pan.
- Coat the sweet potatoes in the reserved bacon grease, then spread them out evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Let the potatoes cool for 20 minutes, then arrange them on a serving dish. Add ½ tsp goat cheese to each slice of sweet potato. Cut the bacon into ¼ inch pieces & add one to each potato. Top them all of with a drop of honey, a pinch of sprouts and sprinkle with sesame seeds.