It might be 90 degrees today, but I’m on a soup kick!
This sweet potato ginger soup hits the spot on both warm nights and cold night. It’s thick and satisfying and has a beautiful zing to it from the ginger.
- 2 giant sweet potatoes - peeled and cubed
- 3 cups diced butternut squash (I used @365bywholefoods frozen)
- 2 inch chunk of fresh ginger - peeled
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ red onion - chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 radish - sliced
- ¼ cup shopped green onions
- pinch of torn herbs
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Add everything to a large pot and cook over medium high heat for 30 min (or until potatoes are cooked through). Use a hand blender to wiz everything together into a thick soup!
- Top with sliced radishes, green onion, torn herbs, pine nuts and sesame seeds.