My favorite dessert turned into a healthy snack…
Carrot cake bliss bars. I repeat. CARROT CAKE bliss bars.
These snack bars are filled with great ingredients but taste like dessert. I love to throw one of these bars into my bag when I’m skiing, hiking or need a afternoon snack.
Serves: 8-10 bars
- 3-4 carrots
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup soaked cashews (drained)
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- bee pollen
- chia seeds
- hemp seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Toss the carrot in the coconut oil and cinnamon & bake for 30 minutes, then let them cool completely.
- In a blender or food processor, add the baked carrots, soaked cashews, oats, raising and maple syrup. Pulse for 10 second 2 or 3 times, scraping down the edges in between.
- Transfer a mixture to a lined container (i used a bread tin, but you can also use Tupperware). Press it down evenly with the back of a spoon, then drizzle peanut butter on top (i heated mine in the microwave for 20 seconds). Sprinkle with bee pollen, chia seeds and hemp seeds. Stick them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove & slice them up! Store them in the fridge for consumption over the next week, or on the freezer for up to a few months!