Here they are .. my favorite chicken tacos!! These are so easy to make and are sooo delicious. The chicken is sweet and juicy with a little kick of heat & you can pair them with your favorite toppings.. I opted for avocado, bell peppers and some yogurt dressing. When I make these I like to double the recipe, so that I can eat it all week long and repurpose it! Like THIS Salad
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 serving of sweet & spicy chicken (recipe below)
- 1 avocado - cut into slices
- 1 bell pepper - cut into slices
- drizzle of avocado yogurt dressing
- Fresh pepper
- Heat the tortillas on the stove top (in light oil) on each side for 1 minute.
- Add chicken to each with a few avocado slices, pepper slices, some yogurt dressing and fresh pepper.
Serves: serves 4
- 1lb chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion - cut into thin strips
- 1 bell pepper - cut into thin strips
- 1 jalapeno -diced
- 2 cups orange juice (no pulp)
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Take the chicken breasts & place them in boiling water for about 5 minutes, then set aside.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil on medium heat and sauté 1 onion & 1 bell pepper, then add the jalapeno. After a few minutes, add the chicken breasts and about 1 cup of orange juice. Let this sit (covered) for about 20 minutes on low heat.
- Once the chicken has absorbed most of the OJ, Start to pull the chicken apart into smaller pieces along the grain (using two forks). Add some more OJ if it had all been absorbed previously. Add chili powder, red chili flakes and garlic powder, then stir thoroughly. Let sit for another 10-15 minutes, then pull the chicken into even smaller strips.
- Remove from heat once all of the OJ has been absorbed (this could take another 15-20 minutes).