I previously shared with you my favorite chicken taco recipe, but that chicken is great for more than just tacos! Repurpose those leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day–this salad holds up great in a tupperware.
- big handful of lettuce
- 1 heirloom tomato - cut into half moons
- ½ cup cooked white quinoa
- ½ cup sweet and spicy chicken (recipe below)
- 1 Tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 Tablespoons avocado yogurt dressing
- Simply toss all ingredients & eat!
Serves: serves 4
- 1lb chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion - cut into thin strips
- 1 bell pepper - cut into thin strips
- 1 jalapeno -diced
- 2 cups orange juice (no pulp)
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Take the chicken breasts & place them in boiling water for about 5 minutes, then set aside.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil on medium heat and sauté 1 onion & 1 bell pepper, then add the jalapeno. After a few minutes, add the chicken breasts and about 1 cup of orange juice. Let this sit (covered) for about 20 minutes on low heat.
- Once the chicken has absorbed most of the OJ, Start to pull the chicken apart into smaller pieces along the grain (using two forks). Add some more OJ if it had all been absorbed previously. Add chili powder, red chili flakes and garlic powder, then stir thoroughly. Let sit for another 10-15 minutes, then pull the chicken into even smaller strips.
- Remove from heat once all of the OJ has been absorbed (this could take another 15-20 minutes).