Who doesn’t love a meal that you can eat right out of the pan?!
Minimal dishes are required for this simple brunch shakshuka… but that’s not the only good thing 🙂 This middle eastern inspired dish always hits the spot & is super easy to throw together!
- 1 diced onion
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime chili seasoning (optional)
- 1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
- Handful of chopped spinach
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cub crumbled feta
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2 slices of fresh bread - toasted
- Add the onion, red pepper, cumin, paprika, garlic, olive oil, salt and chili lime seasoning to a large pan over medium heat & cook until fragrant (about 2 min).
- Blend the tomatoes in a blender, then add it to the pan & mix with the spices. Cook until bubbling (about 5 minutes).
- Add a spinach & fold in.
- With a spatula make 5 holes in the tomato mixture, then crack an egg into each. Cover & cook for 5 minutes (or until the whites are cooked). Add feta & green onions on top & serve with toasted bread!