Sweet pancakes are SO out of style …
Jk, I still love classic pancakes… but you have got to try these savory sweet potato pancakes! They’re full of nourishing ingredients and incredible flavor. I like to eat them with some herb cream cheese (I used Kite Hill), avocado and greens, but they can be so versatile … have them as a side dish… put an egg on it!
When I make these, I like to freeze some to heat up on the stove top when I’m in a crunch. It eases my mind to know there’s a healthy and nutritious backup option that still taste AMAZING.
- 1 medium sweet potato - cut into ½ inch chunks
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- 1.5 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt + pepper
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- Herb cream cheese (I used a vegan chive version)
- Sliced avocado
- chili lime seasoning
- Put sweet potato chunks it in the food processor until it has the consistency rice. Measure 2 cups of the sweet potato "rice" and add it to a large bowl. Add eggs, almond flour, garlic & almond milk. Mix it all together with a spatula.
- In a separate, small bowl combine cumin, coriander, dried basil, salt and pepper. Add the spice mixture to the sweet potato mixture & fold everything together. Add green onion & fold it into the mixture.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the ghee. Scoop ¼ cup of the mixture onto the hot pan & cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (or until slightly crispy). Repeat until you've used up the entire mixture⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Serve with herb cream cheese spread on top. Then stack sliced avocado, chili lime seasoning and sprouts!