Weekends are for tacos n frozen margaritas
Made these salmon tacos with jalapeño sauce & purple slaw for a girls night last weekend, and let me tell you.. they were killer! I pretty much could go for a taco any time of the day, any day of the year, but I am especially in the mood for taco in the summer time when the sun is out really late.
Serves: 8-10 tacos
- ½ small red cabbage- chopped thin
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¾ very thinly chopped red onion
- 1½ tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ lb wild salmon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeño (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 cup packed cilantro leafs
- ¼ cup green onion
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup water
- ½ avocado
- ½ tsp salt
Other taco necessities
- 1 cup sprouts
- 2 tbsplack sesame seeds
- 8-10 Corn tortillas
- First make the slaw by tossing all of the ingredients together, then let it sit for an hour or more.
- Next, roast the salmon. Pre-heat the oven to 350 & season the salmon with olive oil, salt and pepper. Stick it in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Once it's done, let it cool for a few minutes, then break it up into bite-size pieces.
- Make the jalapeño sauce by simply blending everything together. Set aside.
- Assemble the tacos by adding a tbsp or two of jalapeño sauce to each corn tortilla, then layer a few bite-sized pieces of salmon, a scoop of slaw, some sprouts and sesame seeds! Enjoy!