I’ve always been a huuge fan of sashimi, so naturally when the Poke became trendy I was all about it. Now heres how you can make it at home –
Serves: serves 2
- ½ lb Sushi grade salmon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds.
- Steamed white rice
- 1 Scallion, thinly slices
- ⅓ jalapeño, minced
- Spicy cream sauce (2 parts greek yogurt or almond yogurt if dairy-free, 1 part Sriracha)
- Sesame seeds
- Cut the salmon into bite size pieces. In a jar, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey vinegar and sesame seeds. Marinate the salmon pieces in the sauce for at least 15 minutes.
- Assemble bowl by filling a bowl halfway bowl with steamed white rice, then adding the marinated salmon (pouring the remaining marinate in the bowl. Then topping it off with scallions, jalapeño, spicy cream sauce, avocado and sesame seeds!