These salmon patties are one of my favorite fish entrees to make. They always turn out so nice & juicy and are a great alternative to a classic hamburger or meat patty. The celery and red onion in there give it just the extra flavor and crunch it needs!
I paired it with a nice and simple fall salad. It has seasonal elements & great flavors that pair well with fish. I also smeared some hummus on top of the patties for some added creaminess.
Serves: 4-6 patties
- 2 lbs of skinned and boned salmon
- 1 cup of roughly chopped celery
- 1 cup of roughly chopped red onion
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of each- salt, pepper, chipotle pepper
- ½ cup of whole wheat flour
- olive oil (for cooking)
- Add salmon to a food processor & pulse it for a few seconds. Remove the salmon from the food processor & put in the celery and red onion, then pulse for a few seconds.
- Add everything to a large bowl and mix with the egg , salt, pepper and chipotle pepper. Spread the whole wheat flour on a separate plate. Form the salmon mixture into patties then coat the patties in flour.
- Saute the patties in olive oil until light brown on each side.
Serves: serves 2 (as a side)
- 1 cup raw brussels sprouts - cut into quarters
- 1 can chickpeas
- olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika (for roasting)
- 1 honey crisp apple
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- Preheat the over to 400 Degrees.
- Lay the bussels and drained chickpeas out on a large baking sheet. Coat with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika. Bake for about 20 minutes, shuffling things around halfway through.
- While thats roasting, cut the celery and apple into small chunks (about ¼ inch).
- Let the brussels and chickpeas cool for a few minutes, then toss with the apples and celery. Add the chipotle powder and honey.