Can’t think of a cozier meal.
Roasted carrot curry with veggie balls! Just the cozy meal I needed on a chilly night.
I always feel like making curry takes forever, but this recipe was actually suuuper easy! Plus, using frozen meatballs keeps things simple (these are from Ikea).
- 5 carrots - chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup veggie broth
- ¼ cup red curry paste
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 cup yogurt (coconut or Greek)
- 10-15 frozen veggie meatballs (I got mine from Ikea)
- 1 cup chopped Cilantro
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil & sauté the carrots for a few minutes. Add the onions and garlic & cook until fragrant. Add the broth, curry paste, turmeric and coriander. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the carrots are soft. Transfer everything to a high speed blender, add the yogurt & whiz together!
- In the same pan add the veggie meatballs & heat the up until thawed (add more oil if needed).
- Pour the curry mixture back into the pan with the meatballs & add cilantro and green onions!
- Serve over brown rice