My new favorite snack!
Raspberry chia jam filled almond date balls! That was a mouthful! These little chewy & gooey bites remind me of jelly filled donuts and cookie dough at the same time… Except they’re made with dates, almonds, raspberries and chia seeds
Serves: 15-20 balls
Raspberry chia jam:
- 4 cups raspberries, thawed frozen or fresh
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 1 cup packed date (pitted)
- 1 cup almonds (or cashews or peanuts)
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- For the jam, bring everything to a boil in a small pot & stir until the berries have broken down & the mixture starts to thicken. Transfer to a sterilized jar & refrigerate for a few hours to thicken.
- For the balls, process the dates in the food processor until they've been combined (about 1 minute), then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the almonds & almond flour to the food processor, then pulse until combined ( about 30 seconds).
- Add the dates back into the food processor and process again until combined. This will take 5-10 minutes, and if clumps of the mixture get stuck, then scrap down the edges & move it around manually.
- Once everything had combined & the mixture is soft and gooey, scoop about 1 tbsp out & roll into balls.
- Using your finger tip, create a hole in the middle of the ball, then fill with a bit of chia jam. Pinch the hole shut & roll back up! (Tutorial is in my story highlights on instagram) !!