Name a better comfort food…
Chili wins every time – especially purple sweet potato chili! Hearty, nourishing and a little spicy. Who wants a bowl of this?!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion - diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3 large sweet potatoes - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 14-ounce can black beans - drained
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas - drained
- 4 tbsp corn flour
- Add the oil, onion, taco and chili seasoning, sweet potato and all of the water to a large pot, mix everything together and cook over medium heat until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and the rest of the water, then cook for a minute or two, while moving everything around in the pot.
- Add the broth & cook until the sweet potatoes are just cooked through, about 15 minutes (poke the with a fork to check if they are cooked).
- Add the lime juice and both beans, then combine. Add one tbsp of corn flour at a time to thicken the chili, until you've reached your desired thickness.