A little sweet and salty action for ya.
These pretzel chocolate superfood balls are made from nuts, oats, seeds and more, then rolled around in pretzels for a salty crispy finish!
Since they’re packed with wholesome and hearty ingredients, they make for a greeeat snack (that feels like dessert)!
I like to keep them in my freezer to that they stay nice and firm and then defrosting them for about 5 minutes before taking a big bite!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 tbsp chocolate nut butter (i used "organic power fuel chocolate" from Nuttzo, but you can sub almond butter, hazelnut butter, etc.)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ⅓ rup raw oats
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa nibs
- 6 pitted dates
- 2 cups of pretzels - crushed
- Blend the almond, peanuts, oats, cocoa powder, chocolate nut butter, cocoa nibs, chia seeds and dates in together in a food processor or a high speed blender. You'll have to pulse it a few times, then whip down the edges & repeat until you can run it smoothly.
- Form balls out of the blended mixture (about 1 inch).
- Place the crushed pretzels into a large bowl, and roll the balls in the pretzels until covered.
- Transfer the balls to the freezer to set! Enjoy!