A packed bowl really hits the spot after a day outside!
This poké bowl with mango and salmon has a great flavor balance.. a little salty a little sweet and so satisfying. Poké bowls are truly so easy to make at home, I love how customizable they are!
I always use flash frozen salmon from the market, thawed it & marinated it. It’s the safest way to consume raw fish at home.
- 1 lb flash frozen salmon
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cucumbers - cut into thin slices
- 1 carrots - cut into thin slices
- 1 mango - cut into cubes
- 1 avocado - cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp pickled ginger
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- Let the salmon thaw overnight in the fridge. Cut the salmon into ¼ inch cubes & transfer to a bowl with the soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Let marinate for 1-4 hours. Remove salmon from the marinate when you're ready to assemble the bowls.
- Divide the fish, rice, cucumber, carrots, mango, avocado, ginger, and sesame seeds between 3 bowls. Drizzle some of the leftover marinate over the bowls if you wish!