Here in Boston, the farmers market ends in mid-November, so I’m loading up on all the local vegetables and poultry.
This pistachio crusted chicken fall vegetable salad has a little bit of everything good.
This pistachio crusted chicken is crazy good. The crunchy nutty outer shell keeps all those juices in the chicken while roasting & provides a tasty compliment to the soft chicken. And if you’re not a pistachio person, then switch it for some macadamia nuts or almonds!
The the variety of veggies brings so many of tastes and textures to the table.
Warm, soft squash … crunchy, sweet carrots … crispy, spicy radishes. All topped off with the refreshing cilantro lime sauce (that I’ve been drizzling on everything).
All of the ingredients keep well so you can pack it for lunch, just be sure to keep the dressing separate.
Pistachio crusted chicken
- ¼ cup pistachios
- 1 garlic clove in a food processor
- 3 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken breasts
cilantro lime sauce
- 1 avocado
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 clove garlic
- a big handful of cilantro leafs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup water
- a handful of greens
- a few cilantro leafs
- 2 rainbow carrot - shaved into ribbons
- ¼ butternut squash - roasted
- 2 radishes - sliced into round
- ¼ cup sprouts
- balsamic reduction
- hemp seeds
- To make the chicken, pulse the pistachios and garlic clove in a food processor, then add nutritional yeast, salt & olive oil, pulse again. Spread this mixture onto the chicken breast (some will fall off but try to press it on well with your hands). Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (more/less depending on how large you chicken breast is) & then turn up the heat to 400 for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven, the chicken temperature should be ~175 degrees. Cut the chicken breast into strips.
- For the cilantro lime sauce, whiz everything together in a food processor or blender.
- To assemble, toss all of the salad ingredients with the chicken and the cilantro lime sauce!