I always want pizza, and I always want toast, so…
Pesto pizza toasts for dinner!
It took me 10 minutes to make this toast-pizza deliciousness. It’s a recipe that can be tweaked to be gluten free/vegan, so all the bellies can be happy!
Serves: 3 Toasts
- 3 sliced toasted bread of choice (I used Ezekiel bread )
- 3 tbsp Pesto (I used vegan cashew pesto from Trader Joe's )
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese ( I used a vegan cheese from Whole Foods)
- 5-6 fresh basil leafs - torn
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes - sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Spread pesto on the toast, then stack cheese, tomato sliced and basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then stick them in the oven under a low broil until the cheese is melted. Let cool for a few minutes before taking a bite!