Love it when breakfast tastes like dessert!
This pecan pie banana bread is so so good. It might just be my favorite banana bread creation that has come out of my oven …not too sweet and a little sticky just like pecan pie!
Serves: 1 loaf
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (can sub for oat flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cup mashed, overripe banana
- ½ cup yogurt, greek or almond
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp almond milk
- 1 cups chopped pecans
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, mix the bananas, yogurt, almond butter, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while mixing. If it feels too thick, add a little extra milk. Transfer batter to a lined baking tin.
- In another small bowl mix the pecan swirl ingredients together until well combined. Spoon this mixture into the middle of the banana bread mixture and swirl it together. Make sure there are pecans topping the loaf evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean)