The temperature is finally dropping, which means warm and cozy dinners.
This Orange Veggie Miso Curry Soup uses 3 of falls finest vegetables: sweet potatoes, carrots, honeynut squash. It’s cooked for an hour in miso and curry paste to let the flavors emerge, then it’s all blended together for a cream, thick finish.
This pairs fantastically with some toasted bread, a gilled cheese or as a side for any fall entree.
- 6 large carrots
- 1 huge sweet potato (or 2 medium)
- 1 small honeynut squash (or ¼ butternut squash)
- ½ red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 3 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 cups of veggie broth (less if you want it very thick)
- plain yogurt
- black and white sesame seeds
- hemp seeds
- pomegranate seeds
- Cut veggies (carrots, sweet potato, squash, onion) into 1 inch pieces. Add the veggies & everything else to a large pot. Cook on medium high for at least 1 hour (or until the veggies are soft).
- Add everything from the pot to a blender (or use a blender wand) to blend until smooth. Add more salt to taste.
- I topped mine with plain yogurt, quinoa, pepitas, black and white sesame seeds, hemp seeds & pomegranate seeds. You can always improvise with the toppings, or omit them completely!