I am so excited to finally share this recipe with you!!
Say hello to my nut and seed bread. This hearty loaf is packed with almonds, pine nuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds and more. It took quite a few rounds to prefect the texture of this loaf … but it’s finally here.
I like to toast a slice and have it with peanut butter and bananas for breakfast, or hummus and soft boiled eggs for lunch.
Unless you’re feeding a crowd, you probably wont finish the loaf before it starts to harden (4-5 days), so I would recommend pre-slicing and freezing some of the loaf after it has fully cooled!
Serves: 1 loaf
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ½ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup almonds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp melted ghee
- 1 ½ cups + 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp + ½ tsp honey
- ¼ tsp yeast
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- In a large bowl mix pine nuts, pepitas, flax seeds, almonds, chia seeds, sea salt, melted ghee, 1½ cups water and 1 tbsp honey. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Once the nuts have soaked, in a separate bowl activate the yeast by combining the yeast, ½ tsp honey and 3 tbsp water. Let sit until small bubble start to form. Once the yeast is activated, add the yeast mixture to the nut and seed mixture. Stir them together until combined and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Slowly add in ½ cup of whole wheat flour until very well encorperated (using the kneading attachment on a standing mixer for about 5 minutes). Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Slowly add in 1 more cup of whole wheat flour while kneading the mixture on low speed. Once the flour is incorporated knead for an additional 5 minutes on low speed. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap & let rise for ~1.5 hours.
- Knead the dough again for 10 minutes on medium speed (you should see the gluten start to form), let rest for 20 minutes, then knead for another 10 minutes. Transfer dough to a lined bread tin.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Let cool, then slice!