My go-to banana bread recipe!
Emphasis on the BREAD, because this recipe is more bread-y than dessert-y. I love this banana bread … it melts in your mouth & it’s not too, too sweet. It’s not that type of banana bread which tastes like a dessert, you can actually eat this like ordinary bread and top it with your favorite fix-ins. Today I just spread some butter on a toasted slice, but I also love adding some yogurt, peanut butter or banana slices.
Serves: 1 loaf
- ½ cup melted ghee (or butter)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup date or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of greek yogurt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ghee, sugar and date / coconut sugar together. Add in the eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt on top of the wet mixture without mixing. Then fold in the dry ingredients until just combined, using a spatula.
- Fold in greek yogurt & bananas.
- Line a baking tin & transfer the mixture. Top with hemp seeds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. Let cool before cutting!