Mushrooms and sausage and roasted potatoes, oh my!
This egg bake has everything I’ve ever dreamed of. Big chunks of crispy potato and spicy sausage, plus dollops of roasted red pepper, eggplant + garlic spread on top put this thing over the edge.
Serves: served 4-6
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 sausage links
- 10 fingerling potatoes
- 10 oz mushrooms
- ½ onion - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- a handful of cilantro leafs
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp salt - 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes⠀⠀
- about ¼ cup of roasted red pepper eggplant garlic spread (from TraderJoes )
- Cook the sausages in olive oil over medium heat & cut into bite-sized pieces, then set aside. Cut the potatoes in half, then toss in olive oil & roast for 20 min at 350 degrees. Sautee the onion and mushrooms in olive oil until softened.
- In a large baking dish, oil the side using olive oil. Spread the sausage, potatoes, mushrooms, onions, garlic and cilantro around evenly.
- Beat together the eggs, milk and spices in a bowl, then pour it over the filling in the baking dish.
- I re-arranged some of the filling once the egg is poured in, so that a few potatoes, sausage chunks and cilantro leafs are floating on top. Finish it off by adding a few dollops of roasted red pepper spread on top.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour (or until the middle is cooked through).
- Let cook for 10 minutes before slicing.