Ever tried pizza with hummus? Well, you’re missing out. This combo of hummus, sautéd mushrooms, avocado and cheese is how you should be spending your weekend. It’s creamy, tangy, cheesy and crisps all in 1 bite.
Serves: 1 small pizza
- 1 personal size pizza crust (I used a gluten free crust from Mikey's)
- 1 cup mushrooms
- olive oil for sautéing
- pinch of salt
- 4 Tablespoons garlic hummus
- ½ avocado - sliced
- ½ cup spinach
- ¼ cup parmesan
- A pinch of fresh pepper and paprika
- If your pizza crust is frozen, stick it in the oven (350 Degrees) for about 15 minutes. If it's not frozen, preheat the oven anyway.
- Sauté your mushrooms in olive oil and salt over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Reduce heat and cook for another 5-10 minutes until tender. Remove from heat.
- To assemble pizza, spread the hummus directly onto the pizza crust. Then scatter the mushrooms, avocado slices and spinach. Top with parmesan, pepper and paprika. Stick the whole thing into the oven for 5-10 minutes (or until the cheese has melted). Remove from oven & enjoy!