Tacos for Breakfast? Yes please! These little guys are super easy to make in the morning (even before work)! A little runny yolk, some beans, corn , avocado… what else could you need?
Serves: Serves 1
- 2 eggs
- 1 flour tortilla
- ¼ avocado - sliced
- a few cherry tomatoes
- a few slices of red onion
- ¼ cup refried beans (heated)
- 4 Tablespoons corn salsa (I used "Cowboy Caviar" from Trader Joes)
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper, chipotle powder
- Cut 2 small rounds out of the tortillas (I cut around the top of a huge coffee mug).
- Cook the eggs in olive oil over medium heat until the whites are cooked.
- After the eggs are cooked, remove from pan & heat the tortillas in that same pan until crispy.
- To assemble tacos, smear the refried beans on each tortilla, then layer the avocado, corn salsa, red onion and tomatoes. I put the eggs on the side, but you can always layer them on top. Sprinkle everything with salt, pepper and chipotle powder.