I am beyond excited to be sharing this recipe, it’s so simple and so versatile. Make these patties for a BBQ, serve them over a salad, smash them into a wrap, eat em’ as a snack with some hummus!
These patties are s o s i m p l e !
– p o t a t o e s
– q u i n o a
– b l a c k b e a n s
– c a r r o t s
– o n i o n
– s p i c e s
My personal favorite way to eat these is over a bed of lettuce with some yogurt avocado dressing, which makes the quickest and easiest bring-to-work lunch.
I froze about half of the batch to make later on – they taste just as good after defrosting!
Serves: 8-10 patties
- 2 large potatoes - steamed
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 can of black beans - rinsed
- 3 large carrots - shredded
- ¼ onion - minced.
- 1 teaspoon of : salt, pepper, garlic powder, ground cayenne
- ½ avocado
- mixed greens
- sliced apple
- avocado yogurt dressing (recipe here)sesame seeds and paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 dregrees
- Mash the steamed potatoes, then add all of the remaining ingredients to a large bowl. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Grab a handful of the mixture & squeeze tightly to form a patty (about 3 inches wide). Place them on a lined baking tray. (or freeze a few to make later)
- Bake for about 30 minutes (or until golden brown on the outside).
- For the salad, toss all the ingredients in a bowl & serve with patties!