Inspiration from this brunch was gathered from so many places. Eggs Benedict, crunchy toast and the color pink were are swirling in my mind.
This hot pink brunch was super fun to make (and eat), plus it gets it’s vibrant hue from beets. I was always under the impression that hollandaise is super tricky to make, but it’s not! Its just mixing a few straight forward ingredients over a double boiler. This sauce turns any ordinary toast into a fancy treat for a relaxed morning.
Serves: about ¾ cup of hollandaise
- 8 tbsp butter (or ghee)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp beet juice
- ½ tsp salt
- toasted sourdough bread
- beet hummus (if you are making your own hummus, just add a tablespoon or two of beet juice)
- avocado slices
- poached eggs
- For the hollandaise, melt 8 tbsp butter (or ghee) & set aside.
- In a double boiler, whisk together 4 egg yolks, 1 tbsp lemon juice & 2 tbsp beet juice.
- Pour the butter into the double boiler slowly & in a steady stream while whisking. Whisk in the salt.
- Remove from heat once the butter is combined.
- To assemble the meal, spread hummus on each piece of toast then stack avocado and the poached egg. Pour about 2 tbsp of hollandaise on each toast and top off with arugula and sprouts.