I put my own spin on the meatballs from this months cover of Bon Appetit.
Instead of panko breadcrumbs, I made a grain free alternative using toasted (almond flour) bread & subbed lamb with chicken.
These meatballs turned out so juicy and full of vibrant flavor! I ate them with mixed greens and parsley tossed in green goddess dressing, then topped with cucumber, red onion, green onion, radishes, snow peas, and sesame seeds
Serves: 12-15 meatballs
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (I toasted a slice of grain free bread & then pulsed it in the food processor)
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- Combine egg, breadcrumbs, cumin, red pepper flakes, turmeric, finely chopped parsley, oil, and salt in a large bowl. Finely grate 1 garlic clove into bowl. Add chicken and mix with your hands until evenly distributed.
- Gently roll mixture into 1½"-diameter balls. Place on a baking sheet and bake meatballs until browned and cooked through, 8–10 minutes.