I am so excited to share this banana bread recipe with you today! This twist on a classic gets its incredible texture from steamed sweet potatoes, which also gives it so much added flavor (and nutrients).
This banana bread has no refined sugar & is packed with nourishing ingredients. It’s the perfect breakfast when your in a rush or as an afternoon snack with some coffee or tea.
Pro tip: add some almond butter and drizzle some honey on a warm slice!
Serves: 1 large loaf
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 6 pitted dates
- 2 eggs
- 2 super ripe bananas (about 1 cup when smashed)
- 1 steamed sweet potato (about 1 cup when smashed)
- ¼ cup milk (I used full fat cows milk)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ cup walnuts
- almond butter
- In a blender, combine melted coconut oil, maple syrup, dates, eggs, bananas, sweet potato and milk. Blend until the dates are completely broken up (about 2 minutes)
- Transfer to a bowl and add baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, ground cinnamon, whole wheat flour. Fold everything together until incorporated.
- Add pecans and walnuts & fold in. Transfer the mixture to a greased loaf tin & sprinkle cinnamon on top. Bake at 350 degrees for about 60 minutes.
- Serve warm with almond butter and honey!