Super tasty and a little bit lighter.
This healthy fried rice does NOT skimp on flavor or rice. Instead, 1/2 of the rice in the recipe is riced cauliflower. Subbing the veg for the rice lightens up the meal while still feeling like the classic dish.
This recipe keeps super well in the fridge, so make a big ol batch and bring it with you to work for lunch, or have it as a super quick dinner!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup carrots
- ½ cup onions
- ¾ cup peas (I used frozen, then thawed & drained)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- 1.5 cup cooked brown rice
- 1.5 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of roasted broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to tast
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- In a large pan with 1 tsp oil, cook carrots and onions for 5-10 min (or until soft & beginning to brown). Remove from pan & set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the peas. Remove from pan once soft and starting to brown.
- Add more oil to the same pan & add garlic and ginger. Cook for a few seconds, then add brown rice & cauliflower rice. Drizzle some oil over the rice if it's looking dry. Crack eggs in to the rice & scramble.
- Add broccoli and add all of the previously cooked vegetables back to the pan & stir in. Add soy sauce, sesame oil & fresh cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve topped with sesame seeds and green onions.