This dish has so many of my favorite ingredients. Soft, sautéed mushrooms are incredible on their own, but once you mix them with quinoa, greens and cheese, then you have yourself a mouth watering warm salad. But then it only gets better when you add the fish and a beautiful flavor (and color) hummus!
Serves: serves 2
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil for cooking
- 2 cups mushrooms of choice
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 handfuls of raw, fresh spinach
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Lemon beet hummus ( I used a store-bought version from Ithica Cold Crafted)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Arrange the salmon fillets (skin side down) in a large sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper, then cut the lemon into thin rounds and cover the top of the fillet with the lemon slices. Cook for about 15 minutes (more if you like it well done).
- While the salmon is cooking, heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat & add the mushrooms. Cook until soft (about 7-10 minutes) and add the quinoa & spinach. Cook until the spinach has shrunk (about 2-3 minutes). Transfer to a large bowl. Let cool for a few minutes, then toss with parmesan cheese.
- Put about 2 Tablespoons of hummus onto each plate & spread it out with the back of a spoon. Add the mushroom quinoa salad to each, then top with salmon!