What’s better than homemade granola?
Parfaits with homemade ginger granola, greek yogi & apricot preserves–that’s what! I love making my own granola & this one I love especially because it has a nice kick to it from the fresh ginger. I’ll have it for breakfast or dessert or snack on big chunks of it all day without ever getting sick of it!
Serves: 4 cups
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger - grated
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup ghee - melted
- ½ cup maple syrup⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Mix the oats, almonds, sliced almonds, sesame seeds and ginger in a large bowl.
- Pour in the ghee and maple syrup & combine everything well.
- Lay the wet oat mixture out evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes at 300 degrees. Let cool completely before breaking into chunks & storing in an airtight container.