Shopping at the farmers market can spark the best meal ideas
These farmers market lettuce cups were built around a trip to the market with no meal plan in mind. These are so easy to throw together for a small lunch or as a quick snack!
The recipe is super flexible and it’s meant to utilize ingredients that you might already have in your fridge. If you don’t have cucumbers.. maybe sub carrots. No brussels sprouts? try sweet potato! Not a fan of beef? Throw in some chicken, salmon or tofu instead!
Serves: Makes 3-4 cups
- 3 huge butter head lettuce leafs
- 3 Tablespoons beet hummus (can sub other flavors or other spreads like pesto)
- 1 baby cucumber - sliced
- 1 radish - slices
- a handful ofparmesan roasted veggies( I used broccoli and brussels sprouts)
- ½ cup cooked ground beef (I actually used a vegan beef for this photo, but i have made them with real beef before too!)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 2 tablespoon avocado yogurt dressing (or other creamy dressing you have on hand)
- Assemble the lettuce cups by spreading a tablespoon of hummus on each leaf, then stacking the roasted veggies, beef, cucumbers and radishes. Then sprinkle pine nuts and flax seeds all over. Finish off with a drizzle of avocado yogurt!