My motto is: if you’re going to eat dessert, then eat a real (fricken delicious) dessert.
I like to keep my ingredient clean for the food I eat on a regular basis, but for those special occasions I splurge and make my ultimate favorite ALMOND cake (plus you can make the whole thing in a food processor).
It comes out incredible every time, it’s a crowd favorite!
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 8 tablespoons butter- melted
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- whipped cream for topping
- fresh fruit for topping (I used figs, strawberries, cherries and blueberries)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the almonds, sugar, salt, and almond extract in the food processor and process until the nuts are finely pulverized. Add the butter and pulse. Add the eggs and process until thoroughly blended. Add the flour and baking powder and pulse just until incorporated, scraping the bowl once with a rubber spatula to be sure.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan and spread it evenly. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the cake is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan on a rack.
- Let cool completely. Top with fresh whipped cream & fresh fruit.