What’s going to make your weekend even better? Tacos for brunch! This combo is a favorite for breakfast tacos, plus theres so little fuss.. just simple ingredients and ridiculously delicious flavors!
Serves: 4 tacos
- 1 orange bell pepper
- olive oil (for cooking)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup refried beans
- 4 corn tortillas
- ¼ red onion - cut into strips
- ½ avocado - sliced
- a few cherry tomatoes - cut into rounds
- a few leafy greens
- smoked hot sauce
- toppings: pepitas + hemp seeds
- Cut the bell pepper into thin strips & sauté in olive oil. Remove from heat once it's a little crispy.
- Fry 4 eggs until the whites are cooked. Set aside the cooked pepper and eggs.
- Heat the refried beans until warm (in microwave or on stove top).
- Make sure you have all of your other ingredients ready to go, then heat the corn tortillas on the stove top until light brown on each side (in just a tiny bit of olive oil).
- To assemble the tacos, spread the refried beans on each warmed corn tortilla, then stack the bell peppers, red onions, leafy greens, avocado, egg and tomatoes. Sprinkle with pepitas and hemp seeds, then finish it all off with some hot sauce!