I don’t care how hot it is outside… I still need my roasted veggies!
This bowl with curried chickpeas with crispy broccoli and quinoa hits the spot, especially after an active day! I like to prep the quinoa, roasted chickpeas and broccoli on Sunday night, that way I can throw this bowl together so easily on a weeknight. Easy peasy lemon squeezey!
Serves: 2 bowls
- 1 cup cooked tri color quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas - rinsed
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 head broccoli
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for roasting
- 1 cup sprouts
- ¼ red onion - sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the chickpeas with about 2 tbsp olive oil, curry powder, turmeric & pepper. Lay out on a lined baking sheet & roast for about 25 minutes, shuffling them around halfway through. Take them out once they are just starting to get crispy.
- Cut the broccoli head into florets and toss in about 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper (make sure the oil coats the "leafs" of each floret). Lay out evenly on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, flipping them halfway. Take them out once the edges are nice a crispy.
- Toss the roasted chickpeas and broccoli with quinoa & the remaining ingredients! Enjoy!