Curley Purple Potato Breakfast Plate … try saying that 10 time fast!
Nothing beats a runny yolk and some taters, but I usually reserve my egg consumption for the weekend just because I try to avoid a lot of fuss and dishes on the weekdays. However, this breakfast is oh so easy (this was ready in less than 10 minutes). My trick was to start the potatoes & leave them cooking on low while I jumped in the shower, then when I’m out of the shower I crack the eggs into the pan… then I’m ready for my day & breakfast is ready.
- 2 medium purple potatoes - spiralized
- ½ red onion - cut into thin strips
- a handful of baby kale
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon each: paprika, salt, pepper, sesame seeds, poppy seeds
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat, then add the sweet potatoes and onions. Let cook for about 10 minutes covered.
- Once the potatoes have cooked through and are just starting to get crispy, throw the kale in. Make 2 small hole with a spoon & crack the eggs in. Cover again for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once the egg whites are cooked, transfer to a plate and sprinkle with paprika, salt, pepper, sesame seeds, poppy seeds! Enjoy warm!