Summer weather calls for refreshing meals that keep you cool and feeling great. Great fish with crispy crunchy veggies is exactly what I need on a summer night… maybe a glass of rose too.
- ½ lb salmon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 carrots
- 1 apple
- 2 radishes
- 1 avocado
- ½ onion
- 4 handfuls of mixed greens
- Dressing of choice - I used a yogurt avocado dressing.. but balsamic or an avocado dressing would work well here too
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the salmon in aluminum foil & spread a few tablespoons of olive oil on top, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Cover the salmon with aluminum foil & bake for about 15 - 20 minutes, then let cool.
- Slice the carrots + radishes into rounds, apples into half moons, avocado into chunks and onions into long and thin slices.
- To assemble, divide the greens between 2 bowls. Break apart the salmon along the grain with a fork and arrange in the bowls. Arrange all the veggies in the 2 bowls, then drizzle dressing of choice & sprinkle with fresh pepper.