Say hello to the worlds thickest soup
This thick & creamy roasted veggie soup has a little bit of everything
It is packed with veggies (roasted broccoli, roasted butternut squash spinach and edamame).
It gets its creaminess from coconut milk
We’ve go nutritional yeast to give it a tangy finish
and adding bacon as a topping is never not a great idea…
You must try this, I made the whole thing in my blender. Plus, Brian even said it was the soup he always dreamed of.
Serves: serves 2
- 2 heads of broccoli (or 2-3 cups of frozen broccoli)
- 1.5 - 2 cups of cubed butternut squash (fresh or frozen)
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 cup of frozen spinach (or 2 cups of fresh spinach)
- ½ cup steamed edamame benas
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 springs thyme
- Toppings - I used bacon pieces, edamame beans, pepitas, pine nuts, flax seeds, barley, and fresh thyme (or anything else you have in your pantry!)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. If you're using frozen broccoli and squash, let them thaw for 10-20 minutes (or zap hem in the microwave for a few minutes). Toss the broccoli and squash in olive oil and roast for about 20 minutes.
- Add all of the soup ingredients to a high speed blender for about 5 minutes. (If using a vitamix, put it on the 'soup' setting)
- Pour into 2 bowls and top with anything you'd like really! I must say bacon & pine nuts were simply perfect here. I also used edamame beans, pepitas, flax seeds, barley, and fresh thyme