One of my favorite snacks comin’ up
Coconut dark chocolate banana bites! I make a whole bunch of these to snack on every few weeks. They make such a great after-dinner treat, when you’re craving something a little bit sweet.
Real treats made from real food!
Serves: 10-15 bites
- 1 Banana - sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 bar of dark chocolate (i used Eating Evolved)
- 1 cup Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Lay the sliced bananas out on a plate & stick a tooth pick into each. Stick the whole plate in the freezer for a few hours.
- Using a double boiler, melt the bar of chocolate.
- Put the cup of shredded unsweetened coconut into a bowl.
- Once the chocolate is just melted, take the bananas out from the freezer & grab each using the toothpick. Dip it into the melted chocolate (shaking off any dripping chocolate), then grab a big pinch of shredded coconut & sprinkle it all around the wet chocolate. Let the chocolate dry before setting it down.
- I got crafty & created a drying station using paper & a cooling rack-- I used a toothpick to punch holes into a thick piece of paper and laid that on top of a cooling rack, then put the toothpick from each banana bite into the pre-punched hole.