I’m not kidding when I say this breakfast is EVERYTHING.
Coconut curry shakshuka combines winter’s best soupy warm dishes. Shakshuka is wonderful on its own, but adding some coconut milk and curry spices transform this dish into an Indian stew hybrid. You will not be disappointed… this dish even has meatballs and feta floating around — extra YUM.
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- pre-cooked cooked turkey meatballs
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup feta
- handful of spinach
- some cilantro (preferably fresh)
- 2 tsp 'everything but the bagel' seasoning
- Combine the crushed tomatoes, coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric, ginger, garlic and salt in a large pot over medium high heat. Mix everything together and let sit until bubbling
- Add 3-5 pre-cooked turkey meatballs and make 4 holes in the tomato sauce using a wooden spoon. Carefully crack eggs into the holes. Let sit for 4-7 minutes.
- Once the egg whites are almost cooked, add feta, fresh spinach, cilantro , 'everything but the bagel' seasoning and let cook until whites are set. Serve hot with toast!