I’ve been on a soup kick this winter.. it’s really the only thing I crave when it’s cold out.
This coconut butternut squash miso soup is my best friend right now. Nothing sounds better than cuddling up with this bowl and a toasted slice of rye bread.
This soup is so full of flavor and warmth with hints of asian influence. Plus, it’s super easy to make .. 30 minutes + 1 large pot + an immersion blender.
Serves: About 4 servings
- 4 cups bone broth (or veggie / chicken broth)
- 4 cup butternut squash - diced
- 1 small red onion - cut into large chunks
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Add the broth, squash, cauliflower and onion to a large pot over high heat. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, then simmer for 15 min (or until the squash is cooked though).
- Stir in the remaining ingredients & cook for another 10 minutes. Blend it all together with an immersion blender & serve with green onions and sesame seeds!