Let’s be honest, when don’t you want a slice of banana bread?
Well, you’re gonna want this chocolate almond butter banana bread, like ALL the time. Chocolate and almond butter make for a rich, moist and irresistible bread, plus this loaf is sweetened only with maple syrup, dark chocolate and bananas!
Serves: 1 loaf
- ⅓ cup melted ghee (or butter/oil)
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
- Combine the ghee, maple syrup, eggs, banana, almond butter, vanilla and almond milk in a large bowl. Sift together the baking soda, salt, cinnamon and flour, then slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients little by little. Once just combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer mixture into a lined baking tin and top with more chocolate chips. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 min. Let cool before slicing.