Just becuase summer is over doesn’t mean tacos are over!
These seasonal chipotle squash tacos are smokey, warming and so comforting. We even made them on homemade corn tortillas, which is (in my opinion) a must for an incredible taco. The tortillas are covered in jalapeño cream cheese, which gives the whole taco an awesome creamy touch to offset the veggies. Then, they’re topped of with a refreshing cilantro lime sauce to tie everything together.
These tacos are easy to whip up, so get your friends together to help you cook while mostly just munchin’ on some guac and tortilla chips!
Serves: 8 tacos
- 2 honey nut squash
- 1 head of broccoli
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chipotle peppers (in adobo sauce)
Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 avocado
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 clove garlic
- a big handful of cilantro leafs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup water
- Savory cream cheese ( I used a jalapeño flavor)
- 8 warm corn tortillas
- fresh cinlantro
- hemp seeds
- To prepare the veggies, cut up the squash and broccoli, then drizzle with olive oil. Take the chipotle peppers & break it up with you hands, then spread it all over the veggies (make sue to get a good amount of adobo sauce on there). Roast for 30 minutes at 375, then turn it up to 400 for another 10 minutes.
- Blend together all of the ingredients for the cilantro lime sauce
- To assemble, spread cream cheese on warm homemade tortillas, add the veggies, drizzle cilantro lime sauce, then finish it off with some cilantro and hemp seeds!