A big ol stuffed sweet potato is the definition of comfort food for me. This recipe has a little bit of everything.. some pesto, juicy tomatoes and crispy chickpeas. Here is your new go-to dinner!
- 4 sweat potatoes - steamed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup pesto
- 1 can chickpeas
- ½ red onion - chopped into thin slices
- 4 Tablespoons feta
- 4 Tablespoons almonds - chopped
- 1 tomato - chopped into half moons
- 1 Tablespoon hemps seeds
- Seasoning: Salt, pepper, paprika
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut a seam down the middle of each steamed sweet potato, drizzle in olive oil and stick them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Drain the chickpeas & toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika. Lay them out on a baking sheet & stick them in the oven for 20 minutes (shuffling them around half way through).
- To assemble spread pesto on each side of each potato, then fill each with roasted chickpeas, mixed greens, red onion, chopped almonds, help seeds and feta cheese crumble.